Do you love drinking smoothies? Do you make a lot of smoothies at home? If so, I have some ideas for you!
Ever since I starting working out, I love blending my own protein smoothie couple times a week. My basic formula for my smoothie is the same, but each time it may be different. I use frozen/fresh fruit, plain Greek yogurt, honey, cocoa powder (sometimes), protein powder, juice, and water.
Below is my recipe for my protein smoothies:
Serving size: 1
- 1/2 cup frozen/fresh fruit (all frozen or partial frozen and fresh)
- spoonful of plain Greek yogurt
- drizzle of honey
- small spoonful of cocoa powder (optional, if you want a chocolate flavor)
- 1 scoop protein powder (example of flavors I’m using: triple berry or mocha cappuccino)
- little bit of juice (apple or orange)
- little bit of water
1. Place ingredients in single serve blender or regular blender; blend.
2. Serve and enjoy!
What do you enjoy putting in your smoothies?
Meals in the Kitchen is a post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.