Are you the type of person that uses a jar of pasta sauce for Italian recipes? I used to be…until I found a recipe for the best marinara sauce. It is super easy to make and taste a whole lot better than sauce from the store. I use it for all of the Italian meals that I make.
Below is my recipe for my spaghetti sauce.
Best Marinara Sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 TBSP parsley
- 1 TBSP oregano
- 1 TBSP basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 sweet peppers, diced (optional)
- In a blender, place tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, and sweet pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Cook the sauce accordingly to how you are using it.
This post is part of a post series called Meals in the Kitchen, which is on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.