I cook chicken with two sides every week. To make things different, I like to switch up the flavor. I love cooking lemon chicken as well as orange chicken.
Orange chicken is a healthy option for a meal. The citrus from the orange gives the chicken a sweet flavor and leaves it nice and moist.
Below is my recipe for orange chicken.
Serving size: 2-3
- 1 TBSP coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2-3 chicken thighs
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a Ziploc bag; mix.
- Place chicken in bag and marinate for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Cut orange into slices.
- Add coconut oil (or olive oil) to pan on medium heat.
- Add chicken to pan.
- Add slices of orange on top of chicken.
- Turn over chicken throughout cooking process.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink, about 20-30 minutes.
Serve with several sides and enjoy! What’s your favorite type of chicken?
This post is part of a post series called Meals in the Kitchen, which is on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
One thought on “Orange Chicken”