Do you like to make your own pizza? Do you just buy frozen pizza or get pizza delivered?
Once in awhile we’ll buy frozen pizza to make dinner easy for a night. Other times we’ll order Papa John’s because we just don’t feel like cooking. Every time my youngest, Elizabeth, sees the boxes, she gets all excited and yells, “Papa!” She definitely knows what Papa John’s pizza looks like.
We’re a big pizza fan in our house. Not all the time, but usually Wednesdays is pizza night. It’s a night that I’ll make homemade pizza. As far as pizza crust, I’ll either buy a large and two small Boboli original pizza crusts or Flatout flatbread.
Sometimes I’ll make a simple pizza such as pepperoni and mushroom. Other times I like to get creative such as buffalo chicken or shrimp fajita.
I’m going to share with you my shrimp fajita flatbread pizza. I love shrimp and fajitas. If you don’t want to use shrimp, you can use chicken as well for the pizza.
Below is my recipe for shrimp fajita flatbread pizza.
Shrimp Fajita Flatbread Pizza
Serving size: 2
Oven/Toaster oven temp: 375 degrees
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 flatbreads (or 1 pizza crust)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (use amount needed)
- 1/2 TBSP basil, oregano, & Italian seasoning
- or 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce (use amount needed)
- 1-2 TBSP coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 12-16 shrimp pieces, tails removed (or handful precooked chicken)
- 3 pinches chipotle spice blend (or seasoning of your choice)
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 2-3 sweet peppers, sliced width wise
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- sprinkle chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, & paprika
- dash cayenne pepper & red peppers
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cubed
- sprinkle mozzarella & cheddar cheese, shredded
*I cook one flatbread pizza in the toaster oven at a time.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place coconut oil in two different pans; melt.
- Add shrimp in one pan; cook until done.
- Add onions and sweet peppers to another pan; cook for several minutes.
- Add mushrooms and lime juice to pan with onions and sweet peppers; cook for couple minutes.
- Once shrimp is finished cooking, remove tails and and add chipotle spice blend.
- Once onions, sweet peppers, and mushrooms are done, season with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and red peppers.
- Place the flatbread on foil in a toaster oven or on a pizza pan.
- Add seasoned tomato sauce or pizza sauce on each flatbread.
- Place shrimp, veggie mixture, and tomatoes on each flatbread.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top.
- Place pan in toaster oven or oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut each flatbread pizza into squares and enjoy!
What’s your favorite pizza? Doesn’t this shrimp fajita flatbread pizza look so good?!?!
This post is part of a post series called Meals in the Kitchen, which is on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
16 thoughts on “Shrimp Fajita Flatbread Pizza”
I’ve never had seafood on a pizza before, but this does look amazing!
That looks so yummy and my little 6 year old shrimp lover would absolutely love this pizza!
I like making pizza with my 4yo. This is a fun twist on a classic dish! Perfect for summer!
This looks so yummy! We love shrimp in this house, even my 8-month-old son loves shrimp. This would be so perfect for a quick little lunch or something.
looks interesting. my favorite homemade is buffalo chicken
We’re big on pizza in my house, too, and usually make our own w/ dough. This look soooo easy and so tasty! Can’t wait to try it!
Gosh, Julie, this looks seriously delish! I can’t wait to try it. Pinned!
I’ve been looking for new ways to use my shrimp that isn’t in a taco!
Oh man, I love to make flatbread pizzas! For some reason, I’ve never tried using shrimp. Definitely trying this one out soon!
Molly // Miss Molly Moon
I think my husband would love this !
Yum. This sounda amazing. I would love to try a chicken version. But flatbread pizza is my favorite ❤
Oh wow this looks so good and so simple! I definitely want to try this!
Oh that looks great! I dont like shrimp but I bet it would be just as good with chicken instead!
Wow! This looks like a gourmet dinner make in just a few minutes. 😉 My family would devour this meal. Thanks for sharing!
These look amazing!! I’m definitely saving this recipe. I might just have to try it out this week.
This looks so yummy.