What do you love to eat when you’re just cooking for two?
If you’re looking for a date night at home meal option or just looking for a great meal to enjoy, I have one for you!
My husband and I love eat a stir fry for lunch or dinner. Our favorites are beef broccoli stir fry and beef pepper stir fry. In the beef pepper stir fry, the sauce gives it a sweet flavor to the beef and peppers. You can serve this stir fry with or without rice.
Below is recipe for my beef pepper stir fry, which is a great option for lunch or dinner.
Beef Pepper Stir Fry
Serving size: 2
- 2-3 TBSP coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 large or 4 small steaks, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 peppers (1/2 red, yellow, and orange each), sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 3 TBSP orange sauce
- 1 TBSP sweet chili sauce
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 pouch (8.8 oz) brown rice (optional)
- Add coconut oil to wok; melt.
- Add sliced peppers; cook for few minutes.
- Add onions; cook for few minutes.
- In separate pan, cook steak whole for 3 minutes; flip and cook for 3 minutes; flip again and cook for additional 1 minute.
- Remove steak from pan; rest steaks then slice.
- If you’re using rice, cook rice pouch in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to wok; cook for couple minutes.
- Add sauce; cook for couple minutes.
- Add sliced steak to wok; stir.
- Add rice to large bowls.
- Add steak and pepper mixture on top of rice.
Do you love cooking stir fries at home? You’ll love this beef pepper stir fry! Enjoy your dinner with your significant other!
Do you want more ideas for lunch or dinner for two? I would love to create more meal posts focused for two people.
This post is part of a post series called Meals in the Kitchen, which is on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.