During the Christmas season, comes baking – lots and lots of baking. Who loves to bake during the holidays? What are some of your favorite desserts to bake? I love baking cookies, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin cheesecake.
I found a peppermint sugar cookie recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked really good. I made a few changes to the recipe to bake the cookies to my liking. Instead of melting the white chocolate chips and drizzling on top, I placed the chips inside with the peppermint chunks.
These peppermint white chocolate chip sugar cookies were a big hit with my kids. They loved them. This recipe will definitely be added to my list cookies to bake during the holidays.
Below is my recipe for the peppermint white chocolate chip sugar cookies.
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Oven temp: 350 degrees
Baking time: 9-11 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups + 2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 – 1 bag (10 oz) peppermint chunks
- 1/2 – 1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar (for dipping on top of cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter to mixer; beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add oil, sugars, and extracts; slowly beat until combined.
- Add one egg at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Add baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and gradually add flour; beat until mixed; scrape sides as needed.
- Add peppermint chunks and white chocolate chips; mix until combined.
- Scoop rounded Tablespoonfuls of dough; dip top of each cookie into sugar.
- Place on baking pan 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes; rotate pan during cooking if needed.
- Cool cookies on wire racks until completely cooled.
What’s your favorite dessert to baking during the holidays? What are you baking this week? Try these peppermint white chocolate chip cookies! You and your family will love them!