Today is New Year’s Day. It’s the first day of a new year – 2018. What are you going to do for the new year? Do you have any goals to accomplish?
Below are seven of my goals for the new year.
1. Less TV time. I want to limit cartoon time during the day. My girls enjoy watching TV while eating lunch, which I don’t mind doing every now and then. But it adds up if they watch TV several times during the day. When I’m watching a show in the evening while my kids are in bed (and trying to get the youngest to sleep), I want to limit it to 1-2 episodes. I love watching shows on Netflix, but it is easy to binge watch some episodes (especially crime shows) because I get really drawn in.
2. Read more books. I feel like it’s important to take more quite time and read. It is really relaxing to be able to sit back and read a book. I’m working on reading All Dressed in White mystery by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke. It is part of the Under Suspicion series. I received couple other books in this series from my husband for Christmas. These books are really good and I’m excited to finish my book and read these other books.
3. Get areas of house organized. Life is so much simpler when my house is organized. I love being organized, but it can be hard sometimes for things to say that way. Since I took the Christmas decorations down, I’ve been able to get some of my main floor organized. I organized the toy areas in my living room. I added a dress up area, Lego area, and doll area. I moved the dress up items and dolls from my girls’ room, so there isn’t as much toys in there. I also organized my girls’ arts and crafts area. I bought couple more colorful containers at Target and I labeled the containers with the supplies. I have many more areas to go.
4. Get rid of clutter. Lots and lots of clutter. Isn’t it crazy how easy clutter can gather? I’ve already donated a bunch of toys, clothes, home items, etc. Now I just need to go through my basement and get rid of boxes and any items I don’t need anymore.
5. Try new recipes. I love cooking. I enjoy looking for new meal ideas (especially on Pinterest) and it’s always fun to experiment in the kitchen. I got a Ninja Chef blender for Christmas from my husband and I’m excited to use it for different sauces, soups, etc. I want to look through my cookbooks to find new recipes to cook too. I don’t pull my cookbooks out very often since I mostly look online for meal ideas.
6. Eat out less. This is really important. Even though it’s so easy to not cook and go somewhere to eat, limiting the amount of time per week/month we go out to eat will save us money and will be better for our health.
7. Back up family photos on external hard drive. I have so many photos. I have photos stored on my phone and my computer. I want to have a space to store them in case something ever happened to my computer.
What are your goals this new year? Are any of my goals part of your goals?