Who would like some Mexican food right now? I love Mexican food anywhere from tacos to enchiladas. What enchilada sauce is your favorite – green or red? For myself, I would have to choose green. My husband and I have tried making enchiladas with the red sauce, but we couldn’t finished eating them.
I make my chicken enchiladas very simple. I use canned green sauce. I don’t make my own special sauce. Sometimes I like having simple meals on certain days.
I love adding toppings on the top of my chicken enchiladas. It adds extra flavor, which I love. You can add whatever you have on hand. I top my chicken enchiladas with spinach, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, hot sauce, and Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream).
Here is my recipe for chicken enchiladas.
Serving size: 2-3
1-2 chicken breasts
2 cans green enchilada sauce
1-2 cups cheese
sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add olive oil to pan on medium heat.
3. Add chicken; cook until done.
4. Grease glass baking dish.
5. Place tortillas in pan.
6. Place chicken and cheese (about 1/4 cup per tortilla) inside of tortillas.
7. Add first can of green sauce inside of tortillas.
8. Wrap tortillas and place sealed side down.
9. Add second can of green sauce on top of tortillas.
10. Place cheese (handful per tortilla) on top of tortillas.
11. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
12. Let enchiladas sit for several minutes before serving.
13. Place enchiladas on plate.
14. Place toppings on top of enchiladas.