M girls have lots of books in their room. Katie (2.5 years old) and Sophia (15 months old) love story time at night before bed. Katie always say, “One more book.” We end of reading about 5 books each night. There are many books that we read over and over again.
Katie loves to read. When we aren’t reading to her, we can find her sitting on her bed or the floor reading a book. There are several books that she knows what the story is about since we have read her the books many times. Sometimes I’m surprised by how much she gets right of the story.
Sophia is just starting to enjoy picking up a book and pretending to read. It is so cute.
Below are 5 of Katie’s favorite children’s books:
1. Better Not Get Wet, Jesse Bear: I got this book when I was in elementary school and I gave it to my girls. When Katie is reading this book, she excitingly will say, “Better not get wet, Jesse Bear!” I was able to catch her on video while she was reading.
2. Minnie’s World: Katie loves anything to do with Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse. So she really loves this book. Katie will even call this book by it’s actual title.
3. Sofia the First: The Royal Slumber Party: Katie really enjoys the Sofia the First cartoons. This ‘party’ book (as she call’s it) is her favorite. Katie loves to talk about the pine cones the girls put in their hair.
4. Sam and the Firefly: We have a bigger book with several stories in it and Sam and the Firefly is in there. Of all those stories, this book is Katie’s favorite. She calls the book ‘Sam’ whenever she wants to read it. Whenever Gus the firefly is making lines with his light, Katie follows the lines with her finger and makes noises.
5. Bear Wants More: Katie loves any book about bears. When she asks for the ‘bear’ book, we know what book she is talking about.
What are some of your children’s favorite books? Do you ever get tired of reading certain books?
This post is part of a post series called Life of Parenthood, which is on the subject of parenting. I’ll talk about any adventures we have with our girls to motherhood experiences to fun and games for children to featuring mommy bloggers.