Meal Monday is a weekly post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
Do you have those days that you don’t have much time to prepare a dinner? Do you need a meal idea that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare? I have something for you.
These honey bbq chopped chicken sandwiches are perfect to make when you are in a rush to get dinner on the table. Additional toppings can be added to your preference. A side with the sandwich can be something like carrots sticks and slices of apples.
I love making these honey bbq chopped chicken sandwiches in the summer time. It tastes great on a hot summer day. Sometimes I add a creamy flavor to the top of the chicken – freshly smashed avocado made into guacamole.
Below is my recipe for honey bbq chopped chicken sandwiches.
Honey BBQ Chopped Chicken Sandwiches
Serving size: 2-3 sandwiches
2 chicken thighs
2-3 hamburger buns
1/2 cup honey bbq sauce
cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Chop chicken into small pieces.
2. Place chicken into pan on medium heat; cook until done.
3. Place hamburger buns into toaster oven for 5 minutes.
4. Add bbq sauce into pan; stir.
5. Add additional bbq sauce if needed.
6. Cook bbq sauce until sauce starts to bubble.
7. Place hamburger buns onto plate.
8. Place the chopped chicken onto the bottom hamburger bun.
9. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of chicken.
10. Add additional topping on top.
Serve with a side and enjoy!