Meal Monday is a weekly post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
It is definitely Fall outside. The leaves are changing colors and leaves are falling off of trees. So whenever colder weather hits, soup season starts. It is nice to eat a bowl of soup to help warm you up when it is cold outside. Do you eat soup year round or only during the Fall/Winter?
Chili was the first soup I made this fall season. I also love to cook chicken noodle with homemade noodles. What is your favorite soup to cook?
Whenever I cook chili, I like to make a bigger portion for leftovers. There are times I like to use the leftovers and have chili dogs or travel tacos with Fritos. How else to you use your leftover chili?
Below is my recipe for chili.
Serving size: 6-8
1 pound ground pork
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup sweet peppers, diced
2 cans chili beans
2 cans dark red kidney beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Dice onions and sweet peppers and add to pan on medium heat with olive oil.
2. While onions and sweet peppers on cooking, add chili beans, kidney beans (drained), diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce to pot on medium heat; stir.
3. Add sprinkle of chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin; add dash of cayenne pepper to pot; stir.
4. While chili is cooking, add ground pork to onions and sweet peppers.
5. Once ground pork is cooked, sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin; add dash of cayenne pepper.
6. Add ground pork to the pot of chili.
7. Taste the chili and add any additional seasoning if needed.
8. Serve chili in bowls and add Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and cheese to the top of the chili.
Enjoy! Do you add any other ingredients or toppings to your chili?
4 thoughts on “Warm Bowl of Chili”
I love soup all year round! It’s such a yummy meal for any occasion, and easy to make. 🙂
Thanks for sharing your chili recipe.I will have to try this soon. I might substitute the pork for ground beef. I LOVE beef chili.
And yes, CHEESE is the only topping I want on my chili 😉
Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! this looks really good! I don’t eat soup year round, but it’s time to get into it now! I’ll be pinning! Juila
That is the one part of the colder weather that I love…a good warm bowl of yummy chilli! Thank you so much for sharing on Meandering Mondays! Have a great week!
YUM! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream’s City of Links last Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week 🙂