Whenever you go to a Chinese restaurant, what food do you love to grab and put on your plate?
Few of the things I love to grab are sushi, snow shrimp, sesame chicken, spicy beef and onions, chicken and broccoli/ carrots, and of course an egg roll. Even my daughter Sophia loves egg rolls and has to have one whenever we go to the Chinese restaurant.
I wanted to make my own recipe based on a egg roll, except without the egg roll wrapper. I searched Pinterest for ideas until I found a recipe for inspiration to create my own recipe.
These egg roll bowls have so much flavor and you won’t miss the egg roll wrapper. You can use ground pork or shredded chicken for your meat. I have cooked my egg roll bowls both ways.
My husband and I love to eat these egg roll bowls for lunch, but they would also be perfect for dinner.
Below is my recipe for egg roll bowls.
Egg Roll Bowls
Serving size: 2
- 2-3 TBSP coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1-2 sweet peppers, diced
- 1/4-1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground pork (or 2 chicken thighs, thinly sliced)
- 2-2 1/2 cups cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- sprinkle ginger
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add coconut oil to a wok; melt.
- Add sweet peppers and onions; cook for couple minutes.
- Add ground pork or chicken; cook until done.
- Add cabbage, carrots, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt, and pepper; cook until cabbage begins to get soft.
- Add any additional seasoning as needed.
Have you tried an egg roll bowl before? If not, you better try out my egg roll bowl! You’re going to love it!
This post is part of a post series called Meals in the Kitchen, which is on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.