Meal Monday is a weekly post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
We all have days where we don’t have much time to prepare a meal. What do you normally do? Make a frozen pizza, leftovers, eat out, etc? There are times that I do eat out instead of cooking something. Especially if I have to go somewhere that evening, such as grocery shopping. But there are other times that I buckle down and say no to eating out.
I love to have options of meals to cook that are quick to prepare. One of my options that is very easy to make and doesn’t take much time is Mexican food. Some of my favorites are chicken enchiladas, chicken tacos/salads, and chicken quesadillas.
I add toppings inside of my chicken quesadillas. I love having the additional flavor to the quesadillas plus I’m also getting vegetables in my meal.
Check out my recipe for chicken quesadillas.
Serving size: 2
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken thighs, chopped
2 dashes of chicken seasoning
dash of garlic powder
dash of paprika
dash of chili powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
spinach, torn (or lettuce)
sour cream (or greek yogurt)
1. Put olive oil in sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Add chicken and cook until done.
3. Add chicken seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne pepper to chicken.
4. Place one tortilla on the tray in the toaster oven.
5. Add half of chicken onto one half of the tortilla.
6. Add cheese on top of chicken.
7. Fold tortilla in half and put in toaster oven for 5-7 minutes, until tortilla is slightly crispy.
8. Place quesadilla onto plate and cut in half.
9. Open up quesadilla and add ingredients: sour cream (or Greek yogurt), salsa, spinach, tomatoes, and avocados; close quesadilla.
10. Repeat steps 4-9 for additional quesadillas.
Enjoy the chicken quesadillas!
6 thoughts on “Chicken Quesadillas with Toppings”
I want one now! haha! I love quesadillas!
Thanks for linking up with me!
Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
You’re welcome! Don’t they taste great?
My kids love eating quesadillas. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us on Merry Monday.
You’re welcome! They taste great!
I love quesadillas and these look really healthy! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at the Mommy needs a time out Thursday link up.
You’re welcome! I love how simple it is to make quesadillas.