Who drinks coffee? Who absolutely loves it?
Me, I’m a huge fan of coffee. I LOVE coffee. I drink it every morning and afternoon. One of my favorite things to do in the morning is drink a cup of coffee while I read a book.
I also absolutely love the flavor and aroma of coffee. I remember whenever I would walk down a coffee aisle while pregnant, it was the most amazing smell ever.
I was inspired to find several creative ways to use coffee when I read Better Homes and Garden’s post on coffee.
So for all of you coffee lovers out there, below are 6 creative ways to use coffee.
6 Creative Ways to Use Coffee
1. Italian Coffee. This coffee is mixed with coffee and hot chocolate. I made the Italian coffee this morning, although I didn’t add any whipped cream. I made a coffee with a Donut Shop Vanilla Cream Puff k-pod and a Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa k-pod in my Keurig machine. The coffee had a very smooth taste and reminded me of a mocha. If I let my almost 5 year old, Sophia, drink this (but I’m not), she would love it since she loves hot chocolate so much. She’s already planning on drinking coffee when she’s older. You can find the recipe for the Italian Coffee on Nellie Bellie’s website.
2. Cafe Mocha Protein Shake. I’m a big fan of protein shakes. On the plus side it has coffee in it. I just made this protein shake this weekend and it tasted really good. I didn’t have chocolate or vanilla protein powders, so I used mocha cappuccino and mixes berry protein powders instead. I added about a Tablespoon of peanut butter to the shake, because I love the flavor in my shakes. You can the recipe for the Cafe Mocha Protein Shake on Jennifer Meyering’s website.
3. Coffee Chocolate Cake. This chocolate cake made with coffee is so delicious. I love the flavor of the coffee in the cake. It has been several years since I’ve made this cake and I really want to bake it again. You can find the recipe for the Coffee Chocolate Cake on Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa website.
4. No Churn Coffee Ice Cream. Coffee plus ice cream. Mmmm. This ice cream looks fairly simple to make. On the plus side, you don’t need an ice cream maker. I would definitely want to make this coffee ice cream this summer. It would taste so good on a warm summer day. You can find the recipe for the No Churn Coffee Ice Cream on Fresh April’s Flours’ website.
5. Coffee Rubbed BBQ Steak Sandwich. This steak sandwich sounds so amazing. The coffee flavor is on the steak and in the sauce. I’m not sure where you can find the coffee bbq sauce, possibly Walmart. Otherwise I would mix in coffee with the bbq sauce to give it the coffee flavor. You can find the recipe for the Coffee Rubbed BBQ Steak Sandwich on Whitney Bond’s website.
6. Coffee Rubbed Burgers with BBQ Sauce. I’m a big fun of burgers, with or without a bun. I can imagine how flavorful all the spices and coffee works together to create an amazing burger. You can find the recipe for the Coffee Rubbed Burgers with BBQ Sauce on The Chunky Chef’s website.
Which recipe sounds really good to you? What are you going to try?
Meals in the Kitchen is a post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
4 thoughts on “Let’s Get Creative with Coffee”
I’m not a coffee drinker, tea is mine. But hubby drinks coffee and I love the smell of fresh coffee beans. I actually have a fragrance wax tart melting right now that smells like a mocha and snicker doodle had a baby, wink. I think he’d like the ice cream. Hugs
I don’t drink tea very often, but I like peppermint tea. What’s your favorite flavor of tea?
I love all things coffee! Pretty mugs, the smell of fresh ground beans and of course that first sip of coffee in the morning!
Especially a nice warm cup of coffee. I love drinking iced coffees, but when I’m at home, I usually make myself a coffee in my Keurig. I love it when the flavor of the coffee tastes perfect. I’m collecting Starbucks Wish You Were Here mugs.