Meal Monday is a weekly post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
Thanks again to my husband for writing on my blog last week sharing his steaks on the grill!
What is one of your favorite meals? My husband loves it when I make Chinese. I make a quick and easy stir fry and a Chinese pasta with a peanut butter chili sauce. I once tried a different sauce to try something different, but it just wasn’t the same. So now I stick with my peanut butter chili sauce whenever I’m making Chinese with pasta.
When I started making this Chinese pasta, I used a recipe I found in a magazine. I’ve used the piece of paper from the magazine so much that it is slightly wrinkled and has some splashes of food on it.
When I make my peanut butter chili sauce, I add couple other ingredients to make the sauce my own. I love adding sweet chili sauce and Chinese mustard to add a little kick to the pasta. Tip: A small amount of Chinese mustard goes a long way.
If you have kids who doesn’t like spicy food, dish their Chinese up before you add the sweet chili sauce and Chinese mustard. That is what I do for my girls, so the pasta isn’t spicy.
Here is my recipe for Chinese with peanut butter chili sauce.
Chinese with Peanut Butter Chili Sauce
Serving size: 4-6
1-2 chicken thighs
14 ounces linguine noodles
12 ounces bag of fresh vegetable medley (broccoli, carrots, and snow peas)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ginger (grated or powder)
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon Chinese mustard
handful of peanuts
1. Put a pot of water onto stove to boil; follow directions for pasta.
2. Put wok oil and sesame oil in wok on medium heat.
3. Add chicken; cook until done.
4. Add vegetables to the wok.
5. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, cayenne pepper, and ginger in a bowl; stir.
6. Once the vegetables are heated through, add the sauce.
7. Add the noodles to the vegetables and the sauce.
8. Dish up for the kids now before the sweet chili sauce and Chinese mustard are added.
9. Add the sweet chili sauce (Start by adding a smaller amount. You can always add more to your spice level.) and Chinese mustard; stir.
10. Serve in a bowl or plate and sprinkle peanuts on top.
8 thoughts on “Chinese with Peanut Butter Chili Sauce”
This looks wonderful. My family LOVES Chinese food. This will be such a great spin. Can’t wait to try it.
Let me know what you think! 🙂
This looks DELICIOUS! And you’re right..it actually does sound pretty easy to make! Thanks so much for linking up to Manic Monday!
Gina — On the Daily Express
Thanks and you’re welcome! The sauce can be customized to your level of spiciness you like.
I’d say it takes about 1/2 hour to make.
Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream’s City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week 🙂