Meal Monday is a weekly post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
Last year for Thanksgiving I wanted to add decorative leaves from pie crust on the top of my pumpkin pie, but I didn’t do it. This year I decided to give it a try and I’m glad that I did. Have you ever added leaves (or other things) to the top of your pumpkin pie?
Making the leaves was very simple. I used the extra crust that came with the Pillsbury pie crust to cut out eight leaves with a cookie cutter. I drew lines on top of each leaf with a toothpick to give the leaves more details.
I’m going to be making another pumpkin pie within the next week or two and I’m going to have fun with adding decorative pieces of pie crust on top of my pumpkin pie.
Here is how to add decorative leaves on top of a pumpkin pie.
Decorative Leaves on Top of a Pumpkin Pie
Leaf Cookie Cutter
*Do the following after your pie crust and pumpkin pie batter is in your pie plate.
1. Place the pie in the oven for 15 minutes as directed in pumpkin pie recipe.
2. Place some flour on a clean surface.
3. Roll out the pie crust.
4. Cut out eight leaves with a leaf cookie cutter.
5. Draw line details on each leaf.
6. After the 15 minutes, take out pie and place four leaves on two sides of the pie plate.
7. Place aluminum foil on other two sides of the crust.
8. Reduce oven temperature according to your pumpkin pie recipe.
9. Place pie back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
10. After the 15 minutes, take pie out of the oven.
11. Place aluminum foil on the edges of the leaves.
12. Bake the pie for the remaining time according to your pumpkin pie recipe.
Hope you have as much fun as I did adding the decorative leaves on top of my pumpkin pie. Enjoy!
6 thoughts on “Decorative Leaves on Pumpkin Pie”
Wow! Your leaves are so festive and fun. They look beautiful!
The leaves are such a great touch! I need to remember to take the extra step to make things extra special.
Wow! These are so cool! Thanks for linking up to Wordless Wednesday!
Fantastic idea 🙂 Looks good.
Thanks for sharing this at Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.
Hugs from co-host,
I always plan on doing something fancy like this, but then get in a rush at Thanksgiving to just get the pie done. Your crust is absolutely beautiful….not just the leaves but the perfect ripple around the outside. The pie looks so special, now! Thanks for sharing this with us at Your Turn to Shine!