Meal Monday is a weekly post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
Are you a big stir fry fan? I sure am. I make stir fry for lunch at least once per week. I either cook a chicken stir fry or a shrimp stir fry. Both stir fries are quick and easy to prepare, which is great at lunchtime.
If you love shrimp and stir fry, you’ll love this shrimp stir fry. The flavoring is very simple – all you need is chicken bouillon (or chicken stock) and soy sauce.
As far as vegetables, I either buy a bag of stir fry vegetables or use what I have in my fridge such as, onions, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms.
Here is my recipe for shrimp stir fry.
Shrimp Stir Fry
Serving size: 2
1/2 tablespoon wok oil
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
couple handfuls of pre-cooked large shrimp
1/2 cube of chicken bouillon, smashed (or chicken stock)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 of an onion, sliced
1 carrot, julienne
couple handfuls of broccoli
several mushrooms, sliced
8.8 ounces pouch of brown rice
1. Put wok oil and sesame oil in wok on medium heat.
2. Add shrimp to wok.
3. Add chicken bouillon and squirt of soy sauce; stir.
4. Add vegetables and another squirt of soy sauce; stir.
5. Remove shrimp tails.
6. Put brown rice in microwave and cook for 90 seconds.
7. Cook shrimp and vegetables until heated through.
8. Add brown rice to shrimp and vegetables.
9. Add another squirt of soy sauce; stir.
Serve and enjoy!
Which stir fry are you going to try – chicken or shrimp stir fry?