Do you have any kids who absolutely love books? Do they have any all time favorite books that they read over and over again?
My almost 2 year old, Elizabeth LOVES books. We have a basket that is full of her books. She will grab several books throughout the day to read. Elizabeth loves to bring books to Daddy while he is working at his desk. At night time when we’re relaxing on the couch together, she wants to read books before bed. After I read one, she says, “more.”
Elizabeth have several books that are well loved. She practically reads certain books every single day. More than once. If we can’t find one of the books, she gets upset.
Below are 6 top favorite children’s books that Elizabeth loves to read.
6 Top Favorite Children’s Books
1. Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney. This book is Elizabeth’s #1 favorite book. She got the book in January and instantly fell in love with the book. Whenever she wants to read it, she says, “Llama Llama.” She loves to say good night to the llama at the end of the book when he goes to bed. There are other Llama Llama books that I know we’ll have to purchase in the future. We’re going to buy her the Llama Llama I Love You book for Valentine’s Day. Netflix released a Llama Llama show in January. All three of my girls have watched all of the episodes and love it.
2. Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann. This book is Elizabeth’s #2 favorite book. She loves her “gorilla” book and will ask to read this book more than once a day. Elizabeth says good night to all the animals throughout the book as the gorilla lets them out of their cages. She thinks it’s funny when the gorilla lays in the zookeeper’s bed to sleep in for the night. At the end of the book when the gorilla is finally asleep (back in the zookeeper’s bed), Elizabeth says good night to the gorilla again.
3. Little Bitty Friends by Elizabeth McPike & Patrice Barton. This book and the #4 book are both from the same authors. We got this book first and Elizabeth loved it right away. She gets excited whenever she sees the animals on each page. Her favorite animals are the turtle, bird, and puppy.
4. Little Sleepyhead by Elizabeth McPike & Patrice Barton. When we got this book, I knew that Elizabeth would love it right away since she loved the other book by the same authors. She loves seeing the babies on each page. The story tells us how tired the baby’s toes, knees, etc. are from the day. I’ll tickle Elizabeth’s toes or raise her arms up in the air. She loves the hand motions we do while reading the book.
5. Charlie the Ranch Dog by Ree Drummond. We bought this book for my girls this Christmas. We ordered it from Katie’s Scholastic book order at school. Elizabeth loves seeing the puppies in the book. She gets excited whenever she sees the chipmunk hanging out with Charlie. Charlie seems to be sleeping more than working throughout the book, but at the end of the book he saves the day.
6. Otis and the Kittens by Loren Long. Of course Elizabeth loves this book as well since it has kittens (or as she calls them, “meow meows”) in it. She loves finding the kittens on the pages when Otis the tracker goes inside a burning barn to save the kittens. Plus there are other animals in the book that she loves to point at and talk about.
Do any of your kids loves these books as well? If they don’t yet, you should pick some up. I bet they’ll love them as much as Elizabeth does. As you may realize, Elizabeth loves any books about animals or babies/little kids. Do you know of any books that Elizabeth would love to add to her book collection?
This post is part of a post series called Life of Parenthood, which is on the subject of parenting. I’ll talk about any adventures we have with our girls to motherhood experiences to fun and games for children to featuring mommy bloggers.