Have you ever tried making your own bread crumbs or do you buy panko crumbs at the store?
Whenever a recipe calls for panko crumbs, I make my own bread crumbs. Plus it’s really easy to make.
I use the bread heels or pieces of bread left from cutting out a fun shape for sandwiches for school lunches. I cut the bread into pieces and toast it in my toaster oven.
Check out my recipe for homemade bread crumbs.
Homemade Bread Crumbs
Toaster oven temp: 400 degrees
Time: 7-10 minutes
- 3-4 bread slices, cut into pieces
- Cut bread slices into pieces.
- Place bread pieces on foil in a toaster oven tray.
- Toast for 7-10 minutes in a toaster oven at 400 degrees.
- Once toasted, take the tray out and cool bread pieces for couple minutes.
- Place the breaded pieces into a gallon plastic bag.
- Roll over the bread pieces with a rolling pin to create bread crumbs.
- Once done, place into a bowl and take out any bigger pieces of bread out of the crumbs.
- Now you can use the bread crumbs as instructed in the recipe.
This post is part of a post series called Meals in the Kitchen, which is on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.