What are you doing for yourself today?
The other day I was so exhausted. I had lots to do that day. Writing, grocery shopping, pick kids up from school, more writing plus few other daily grind things. By the end of the day, my body could hardly hold up. I was so out of it. I would go to one area of my home and forget what I was going to do. My body told me to just relax. Go to sleep. But I didn’t listen. I wanted to get things done.
Why didn’t I listen? Why didn’t I take care of myself and relax?
So I decided to come up with 5 ways you can take care of yourself. These tips are definitely a gentle reminder to myself as well.
5 Ways to Take Care of Yourself
1. Take a day off. Sometimes you just need a break from the daily grind. If you’ve had a long week, enjoy the weekend and have fun. Take a step further and stay off your phone. You’ll be glad you did.
2. Go to bed early. It is important to go to bed on time and get plenty of sleep. How many times do you actually go to bed on time? I feel so much better when I actually get enough sleep. Plus your body will thank you.
3. Have a spa day. Go to a spa to get pampered or have a spa day at home. You can do things such as put on a face mask, take a relaxing bath, or paint your nails.
4. Relax on the couch and watch a movie. Or your favorite TV show. Instead of working in the evening, take a break, relax, and do nothing. Even grab your significant other to join you.
5. Go to a lake or beach. Sometimes it’s good to just enjoy nature and see all the beauty around you. Now that it is Spring, you’ll be able to do this more often very soon.
What ways do you love to take care of yourself? What are you going to do for yourself today?
This post is part of a post series called True Love, which is on the subject of love. I’ll talk about loving yourself and others to ways to making yourself a better person.